2011-03-21

The Dreaded Poetry

A cloudy day, a comfy hoody, business books, and image back-ups. Coffee and pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. Comfortably achy muscles from yesterday’s workout, conversations with friends, and that little nagging thought in the back of your brain, “mmm, you’d better not put off that poetry too long”.

Such is my day. And it’s a good one, except for the poetry part.

Syllables. I’m not sure if I should admit how hard a time I have with these. I know, I was homeschooled. Wait, thought is only one syllable???

Why did I agree to this? Where is writing poetry going to get me? Maybe I’ll do the response instead. Yeah, that’s a brilliant idea.

I guess if I could write poetry like that I would.

Other thoughts fly through my head: “bring Sarah a business card. Remind the parents sign up starts today. Shoot pictures for tomorrow’s LDPS. Finish the wedding contract. Oh and write something for Red Ink.”

___________________________________


Black marks on a page
Brings fascinating emotion
And takes me somewhere

Obscure story of
Pain trial triumph hope love
Runs through cluttered thoughts

An adventure of
Living life finding knowledge
Slowly taking shape

Sentences forming
Writing words and syllables
Worlds come into view

People places ideas
My book filling fast with dreams
Final page happy thoughts

Flipping pages cover closed
Peaceful content not for long
More thoughts more marks come.

2 comments:

  1. Hooraaaayy!!! I'm so proud. :D I knew you could do it.
    Now to tear them apart. Mwahahah.

    1. Drop the S on Brings and Takes. It may be poetry, but you still need subject/verb agreement. ;) Also, there are eight syllables in the seven line. The easiest fix would probably be swapping out Fascinating.

    5. Seven syllables in the top line, six in the bottom.

    6. Seven up top again. :( If you're not sure how many syllables a word has, one thing that might help you count is looking it up in the dictionary(.com ;).

    Overall, it's a good series, good progression of thought. You win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :D Oh those DARN syllables. hahah. Why didn't I think of the dictionary???

    ReplyDelete

I like comments. And not just nice ones. Comment away.....